The Brice Memorial was repaired in April 2019 by Fine Memorials for The Friends of the Wembdon Road Cemetery
The memorial was part of the Friends' volunteers efforts to transform Anglican Section B. The Brice memorial was earmarked for repair as it was near the recently repaired Tucker Obelisk, and would also be a grand addition to this area. It was a large Celtic cross, made in a very heavy granite, position near the path. Getting it back up again would help improve the overall area. The inscription reads:
65/207 Sacred to the dear memory of Francis Brice born August 29th 1829 died February 15th 1913. And Eliza Caroline his dearly loved wife died November 9th 1918 aged 72 years.
In his early years Francis Brice lived at Gothelney and managed the lands, before he moved to Bridgwater, to serve as a magistrate and Justice of the Peace. His obituary reads:
BRIDGWATER. DEATH OF SENIOR MAGISTRATE Keen regret has been felt in Bridgwater at the death of Mr. Francis Brice, J.P., the sad event taking place at his residence in Friarn Street, at the age of 83. The deceased gentleman had been in failing health for a long period, and had been confined to his residence for some months. He was the senior member of the borough bench. For upwards of 20 years he was a warden of St. Mary's Church. He was president of the Bridgwater Rugby Football Club since its formation. Many years ago the deceased was actively identified with the Volunteer movement, and attained the rank of captain in the old 26th Corps, while he was also co-operated trustee of several town charities. To the poor he was ever a friend in need. He was a Conservative in polities. Deceased leaves a widow to mourn his loss.
Shepton Mallet Journal 21 February 1913
Fine Memorials of Bridgwater dismantled the existing structure, and reset the base.