The King Memorial was repaired in the Winter of 2016 to 2017 by Fine Memorials for Mr and Mrs Fisher
The King memorial consists of a large marble cross. The inscription reads: 17/884 In Loving Memory of Nellie Beatrice the beloved wife of Alfred Edward King who passed peacefully to rest Feb. 25th 1925 aged 49 years.
It had been toppled and with several decades of subsidence it was in a sorry state. In the Summer of 2016 it was repaired by Fine Memorials and the Friends Volunteers for Mr and Mrs Fisher, as this was part of a row including their Stephens family memorial. The King memorial and its neighbour Broom were repaired together.
The ground under Broom and King had to be levelled first, then the two memorials could be rebuilt on a stable platform.
Once the memorial had been put back together by Fine Memorials, the Friends then tidied the kerbs, cleaned the marble and laid new chippings.